Monday, July 30, 2007

Monday Menus: July 30


Here is this week's menu, with recipes to follow. I often simplify or rearrange things in the actual cooking, as events come up, but this gives me a plan for my shopping list and prep-aheads. I usually only end up making 5 or 6 of the entrees, because of going out or over to someone's house for dinner, or eating leftovers some nights when the kids are all out and it is just DH and me.

I usually have a protein shake for breakfast, or some kind of eggs. For lunch, I rotate a few basic 'lunch of the week' ideas. In that way, things stay simple and uncomplicated.

For dinner, I try to make a basic meal the whole family can eat, with variations.
I add the higher-carb, higher-calorie menu items for my non-Kimkins family [in square brackets].

Monday
B: Chocolate Peanut Caramel Protein Shake
L: Instone Banana Cream Protein Pudding
D: Fabulous Chicken Fajitas, [Tortillas, Rice, Beans]

Tuesday
B: Strawberry Protein Shake
L: Ziploc Omelet
D: Sweet Mustard Tilapia (or Salmon), Bibb Lettuce Salad with Red Onion and Roasted Asparagus, [Steamed Baby Red Potatoes]

Wednesday
B: Cappuccino Protein Shake
L: Tuna Salad on 'Revolution Bread'
D: Egg Foo Yung, Fried "Cauli" Rice [Fried Rice, Seasonal Fruit Salad]

Thursday
B: Ziploc Omelet
L: Chocolate Cappuccino Protein Pudding
D: Vegetable - Beef Soup, [Dinner Rolls]

Friday
B: Hazelnut Cream Protein Shake
L: Vegetable-Beef Soup
D: Meat'za [Pizza]

Saturday
B: Cherry Lemonade Protein Shake
L: Tuna Salad on 'Revolution Bread', Celery Sticks
D: Buffalo Chicken Tenders, Broccoli Slaw, Mock Margaritas, [Seasoned Potato Wedges]

Sunday
B: Double Chocolate Protein Shake
L: Easy Brunch Frittata, Spinach-Mushroom Salad, [Potatoes O'Brien, Croissants, Seasonal Fruit]
D: Root Beer Float Protein Shake

Drinks: Water, Coffee, Iced tea/Sugar-free Lemonade, Green tea, Peach tea
Snacks and Desserts: Sugar-free gelatin, Sugar-free slushies/snowcones/popsicles (homemade)

No comments: