Thursday, July 19, 2007

Old Bay Baked Tilapia

Here is a quick meal that's easy on carbs and calories, and easy on the cook, too!



I bought SeaBest frozen tilapia fillets in a big (4 lb.) blue box from my WalMart SuperCenter. Each fillet comes individually wrapped, and thaws quickly. The box lists a serving size as 4 oz., approx. 1 fillet, but the fillets I have weighed generally run from 2.5 to 3.2 ounces. (If they are small, I have 2.)



2 (or more) tilapia fillets per person
Spray olive oil or butter replacement
Old Bay Seasoning
lemon slices or wedges, if desired


1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Spray a baking sheet lightly with non-stick spray. Cover with foil, and then spray foil. (Makes clean-up a snap!)

2) Place fillets on foil-lined baking sheet.

3) Spray with flavoring spray of choice, if desired, just enough for seasoning to adhere nicely.

4) Sprinkle with desired amount of Old Bay Seasoning.

5) Bake at 400 degrees F. for 12 minutes.

Serve with lemon wedges and/or low-carb, low-cal tartar sauce, if desired.

I like it with my Coleslaw with a Kick.

The flavor spray and seasoning list 0 cals and carbs per this serving size. They actually have a tiny amount, not exactly zero, but not much.

Nutrient Info per 4 oz. tilapia, with 5 sprays of butter flavor:
102 calories, 1.4 g fat, 0 g carbs, 21 g protein

Add any counts for tartar sauce, etc.

2 comments:

Gemma said...

Becky-

Could you post your Cole Slaw with a Kick recipe? I didn't see it and it sounds like something my family would enjoy.

Thanks!

--Gemma

Becky said...

Sure, Gemma! I'll get to it tonight or tomorrow. How's that?