Well, this simple dish looks better than this, and tastes even yummier. (Of course, I really like cabbage!)
Black Pepper Beef and Cabbage Stir Fry
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 pound extra-lean ground beef
1 small head cabbage, shredded
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon ThickenThin not/Starch thickener (low carb, in place of cornstarch)
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1) Spray a wok or large skillet with non-stick spray, and heat over medium-high heat
2) Saute garlic for about 5 seconds, then add ground beef. Stir-fry until beef is evenly brown. (Drain if needed, but it shouldn't be if you used extra-lean beef.)
3) Stir in cabbage and pepper, and cook until vegetables are tender, and beef is fully cooked.
4) Stir in soy sauce. Mix together cornstarch and water, and stir in. (Or, omit thickener and water if you do not have the low-carb thickener.) Season with pepper. Cook, stirring, until sauce has thickened.
5) Serve, with rice for family, or plain for low-carbing.
Simple and delicious!