I like the cute little pearl onions, but you can skip those and just use egular onions, chopped, if you need to.
Chicken a la Queen
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I just eat 4 oz., but my family eats the rest)
Salt and pepper, to taste OR Montreal Chicken Seasoning (so good!)
1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
1/3 cup red wine (or, use another 1/3 cup chicken broth instead)
1/2 lb. mushrooms, chopped
1/2 cup pearl onions
1 tsp thyme
1) Spray large skillet with non-stick spray (olive oil in sprayer works well)and heat to medium-high.
2) Season chicken, and saute 5 -6 minutes per side.
3) Add bell pepper, and saute a few more minutes until chicken is cooked through and peppers are tender-crisp.
Remove from skillet, set aside, and keep warm.
4) In the same skillet, add broth and wine; bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits from pan bottom. (Deglaze.)
5) Add mushrooms, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer about 5 minutes.
6) Raise heat to medium, add pearl onions and thyme, and cook uncovered for 5 more minutes, until sauce is reduced.
7) Spoon mushroom/onion sauce over chicken and serve.